Free Concealed Carry Class for University of Utah Students

Free Concealed Carry Class for University of Utah Students
Class will be held Saturday, February 3rd from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the University of Utah.

USA -( This training is sponsored by the Utah Shooting Sports Council and the College Republicans.

The class is free and is reserved for students of the University of Utah with a valid student ID. It is open to all students and will be tailored towards students. Seating is limited and is available by registration only on a first to sign-up basis.

The class includes photographs and fingerprints (required by the state for the permit).

Class location:

  • A. Ray Olpin University Union Building
  • Panorama Room 4th Floor
  • 200 S. Central Campus Dr.
  • Salt Lake City, UT 84112
  • Located on the University of Utah Campus
  • Instructor: Clark Aposhian

You will be responsible for the non-refundable concealed firearm permit application fee and paperwork when you submit your application to the Department of Public Safety ($57 for Utah residents, $67 for non-residents).

There is no need to bring your own firearm or ammunition. Firearms will be provided for instruction during the class. Please bring a good attitude and a willingness to learn.

The class will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and seating is limited.

For questions on the class, do not respond to this e-mail. You can reach us at our contact page:

USSC Contact

  • Students must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Applicants must not be prohibited from possessing weapons under both federal and state law.
  • Upon completing the class, students will have one year to submit their paperwork to the state.

Applicants will need to have:

  • A valid and current University of Utah student ID to be presented at the door.
  • A driver’s license or ID card from their resident state.
  • If you are not a resident of Utah, click the following link to determine if your home state recognizes Utah’s permit.
  • States that recognize Utah’s concealed carry permit
  • If your state DOES NOT recognize Utah’s permit, you may take the class and apply for a permit.
  • If your state DOES recognize Utah’s permit, you must first obtain a concealed carry weapon permit from your home state, or obtain a Utah driver’s license or ID card to submit with your application.
  • If applicants submit a driver’s license from a state that recognizes Utah’s CCW permit, they must first obtain a CCW permit from their home state, or obtain a Utah driver’s license or ID card to submit with their application.
  • 18-20 year-olds may apply for the provisional permit, and it is recognized for carry at the University but not at K-12 schools. Other than that, it is the exact same permit.

Utah Shooting Sports Council

APPLICANTS BORN OUTSIDE OF U.S.: If you were born outside of the U.S., you must include your Alien Registration Number or INS Registration Number on your application and fingerprint card, or include a copy of your U.S.-issued born abroad birth certificate. A copy of a valid U.S passport will also be accepted for proof of citizenship if born outside the US.

To sign up for the class, click here.

About Utah Shooting Sports Council:

The Utah Shooting Sports Council represents the citizens of Utah who safely and legally own and use firearms, exercising rights guaranteed under both the United States and Utah constitutions.

For more information, visit their website.