WVDNR Announces Public Meetings in March to Discuss Proposed Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Regulations
SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. – -(Ammoland.com)- The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (DNR) will hold 12 public meetings across the state in March to provide hunters, trappers, anglers, landowners and other interested parties an opportunity to review and comment on proposed 2011 hunting regulations for white-tailed deer, wild turkey, boar and black bear, proposed 2012-2013 general hunting and trapping regulations, and proposed 2012 fishing regulations.
These meetings will be held from 6 – 8 p.m. on March 14 and March 15, and the public is encouraged to attend.
“Again this year, these meetings have been designed to use an ‘Open House’ format,” said DNR Director Frank Jezioro. “This informal meeting style allows people to attend at their convenience during the scheduled meeting times, learn of proposed regulation changes, discuss these proposals with wildlife and fisheries biologists and Natural Resource Police Officers and comment on the proposed regulations and other wildlife-related issues.”
As in the past, written comments from the public on these proposed hunting, trapping and fishing regulations will also be encouraged. The deadline for written comments is April 8, 2011. Anyone interested in attending the meetings scheduled in their areas should note the following list of meeting dates and locations:
Monday, March 14, 2011
- Fairmont – East Fairmont High School (Commons Area)
- Martinsburg – James Rumsey Technical Institute (Cafeteria)
- Summersville – Summersville High School
- Lewisburg – Brier Inn Hotel (Conference Room)
- Milton – West Virginia Pumpkin Park (4-H Building)
- Harrisville – North Bend State Park
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- Glen Dale – John Marshall High School
- Moorefield – Moorefield Middle School (Cafeteria)
- Buckhannon – Buckhannon-Upshur High School
- Mullens – Twin Falls Resort State Park (Lodge)
- Logan – Chief Logan State Park (Conference Center)
- Parkersburg – City Building Lobby
The post WVDNR Public Meetings to Discuss Proposed Hunting & Trapping Regulations appeared first on AmmoLand.com.