Airs Monday, Sept. 7 from 5-8 p.m. ET on Sportsman Channel
Franklin, TN -(AmmoLand.com)- The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance (USA) and Sportsman Channel are teaming up to honor the American worker and showcase the great products still being made in the U.S.A. by hardworking Americans.
Sportsman Channel’s Brotherhood Outdoors Labor Day Marathon, a salute to the American worker behind every great American product, airs exclusively on Monday, Sept. 7, from 5-8 p.m. ET. For a sneak peek, click here.
Through six back-to-back episodes of Brotherhood Outdoors, the marathon will give viewers an intimate glimpse into the lives of hardworking, blue-collar characters as they join co-hosts Daniel Lee Martin and Julie McQueen for exhilarating North American hunting and fishing trips. Between episodes, Martin and McQueen will join viewers to salute some of America’s most historic and iconic outdoor products and the workers who help make the gear outdoorsmen and women have come to know and trust.
“Labor Day was, and is, a day set aside to honor all the hardworking Americans who help build this great country,” said USA CEO and Executive Director Fred Myers. “We are excited to once again partner with Sportsman Channel to salute American workers and some of the tried and true products they are still making here in the U.S. through a Brotherhood Outdoors Labor Day Marathon.”
Schedule for Sept. 7 (ET):
- 5:00 p.m. – Director of Apprenticeship and Training for the Painters (IUPAT DC 30), Stephen Lefaver travels from Illinois to Montana for the first time in hope of harvesting a whitetail or his very first mule deer. The ups and downs will have viewers on the edge of their seats.
- 5:30 p.m. – Electrical worker (IBEW Local 196), Eric Patrick is surprised with a fishing trip he could only dream of to Venice, Louisiana, where he casts for cobia, red snapper, redfish, trout and tuna both off-shore and from a kayak.
- 6:00 p.m. – Firefighter (IAFF Local 1312), Michael McShane travels from the Maine woods to the Arizona desert to put his bow to the test on mule deer and javelina and fulfill a long-time dream. Join the excitement as he, the hosts and guide crawl – and even go barefoot at times – to put a sneak on wary deer.
- 6:30 p.m. – Steelworker (USW Local 449), Mike Higgins, and sheet metal worker (SMART Local 85), Mike “Big Bird” Strickland, meet up for the first time after years of chatting on the USA forums for an unforgettable (and frigid) Pere Marquette steelhead fishing adventure.
- 7:00 p.m. – Machinist (IAMAW Local 2781), Gene Barnes and his 74-year-old father, Harlyn, confront Idaho’s steep terrain and high altitude during an emotional trip, as they set their sights on harvesting a bull elk in memory of their late brother and son.
- 7:30 p.m. – Roofer (Roofers Local 23), Derek Carrington heads to Kansas to hunt in one of the best trophy-producing units in the state, and it all comes down to the wire on this heart-pumping whitetail adventure.
“The Brotherhood Outdoors marathon on Sportsman Channel will hammer home the connection of hard-working American union workers and their passion for the outdoors,” said Mitch Petrie, vice president of programming at Sportsman Channel. “Brotherhood Outdoors also shines a light on family life and the traditions of hunting and fishing in the United States that play a part in young people’s lives.”
Presented by Bank of Labor, Brotherhood Outdoors is also sponsored by the following unions, contractors and corporate partners: Buck Knives, Carhartt, Burris/Steiner, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, National Electrical Contractors Association, and United Association/International Training Fund.
To find Sportsman Channel in your area click here.
About the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance:
The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance (USA) is a union-dedicated, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose members hunt, fish, shoot and volunteer their skills for conservation. The USA is uniting the union community through conservation to preserve North America’s outdoor heritage.
About Sportsman Channel:
Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is a television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. A division of Outdoor Sportsman Group, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that showcases outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and illustrates it through unique and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households.
The post Union Sportsmen’s Alliance and The Sportsman Channel to Host Labor Day Marathon appeared first on AmmoLand.com.