A 19-year-old man died of burns and smoke inhalation after becoming stuck in the chimney of a Huron, California, home before the homeowner – not knowing the man was there – lit a fire in the fireplace.
The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office believes Cody Caldwell was attempting to break into the home sometime Friday when he got stuck in the chimney and simply remained quiet. But when the homeowner lit a fire, he heard screams. At first, the homeowner could not locate the source of the screaming, but once he realized there was someone in the chimney, he immediately extinguished the fire.
Rescue crews responding to the scene could not get to Caldwell in time to save him. He was pronounced dead at the scene and the chimney had to be partially destroyed to remove his body.
[ Fresno Bee ]
The post Teen burglar burns to death after getting trapped in chimney appeared first on Guns.com.