Revolver Season Kicks Off with ICORE Southwest Regional
LOS OSOS, Calif. –-(Ammoland.com)- The first day of spring marks the official goodbye to the cold, dreary weather of winter and hello to the promise of warmer climes, returning song birds, budding flowers and, most importantly to the delight of wheelgunners everywhere, the beginning of revolver competition.
The International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts (ICORE) begins its 2011 regional championship season with the 14th Annual Southwest Regional Revolver Championship to be held Saturday, April 23 on the Hogue Action Pistol Range at the San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
The match will feature eight stages and a round count between 200 and 250 rounds.
There will be a cash-back side match and ICORE is donating $100 for each division winner as well as five $50 cash prizes for a random drawing.
Registration for the match is already open but slots are still available. The downloadable match application is available online at www.ICORE.org/match.
ICORE also announced the dates for six other major regionals.
- – Rocky Mountain Regional Revolver Championship on June 25-26 in Galeton, Colo.
- – Central States Regional Revolver Championship on July 17 in Buchanan, Mich.
- – East Coast Regional Revolver Championship September 25 in New Tripoli, Penn.
- – Southern Regional Revolver Championship on October 7-9, Byram, Miss.
- – Australia Regional Revolver Championship on October 14-16 in Brisbane, Australia
- – New England Regional Revolver Championship on October 23 in Guilderland, NY
For more information on ICORE and the IRC visit www.ICORE.org, or follow @ICORE_Shooting on Twitter or find ICORE on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ICOREshooting.
The post Revolver Season Kicks Off with ICORE Southwest Regional appeared first on AmmoLand.com.