USA – -(Ammoland.com)- “I am calling on the Congress to finally close the deadly loopholes that have allowed MS-13, and other criminals, to break into our country.” ~ President Donald J. Trump
WHAT: The violent animals of MS-13 have committed heinous, violent attacks in communities across America.
Too many innocent Americans have fallen victim to the unthinkable violence of MS-13’s animals.
At the State of the Union in January 2018, President Trump brought as his guests Elizabeth Alvarado, Robert Mickens, Evelyn Rodriguez, and Freddy Cuevas, the parents of Nisa Mickens and Kayla Cuevas. Police believe these young girls were chased down and brutally murdered by MS-13 gang members on Long Island, New York, in 2016. Suffolk County Police Commissioner stated that the “murders show a level of brutality that is close to unmatched.”
In Maryland, MS-13’s animals are accused of stabbing a man more than 100 times and then decapitating him, dismembering him, and ripping his heart out of his body. Police believe MS-13 members in Maryland also savagely beat a 15-year-old human trafficking victim. The MS-13 animals used a bat and took turns beating her nearly 30 times in total.
In Houston, Texas, two MS-13 members were charged after kidnapping and sexually assaulting one girl and murdering another. The two MS-13 animals laughed, smiled, and waved for cameras in court as they faced the charges.
New York communities have suffered tremendously from the abhorrent violence of MS-13. Nearly 40 percent of all murders in Suffolk County, New York between January 2016 and June 2017 were tied to MS-13.
In January 2017, MS-13 members were charged with killing and hacking up a teenager in Nassau County. MS-13’s animals reportedly saw the murder as a way to boost their standing in the gang. In April 2017, police believe four young men were brutally murdered by MS-13 animals on Long Island. One victim was a young man in town visiting family during an Easter week vacation. Just last month, in April 2018, MS-13 reportedly called for its members on Long Island to kill a cop for the sake of making a statement.
WHY: MS-13 is a transnational gang which follows the motto of “kill, rape, control” by committing shocking acts of violence in an attempt to instill fear and gain control.
MS-13 is a transnational gang that has brought violence, fear, and suffering to American communities. MS-13, short for Mara Salvatrucha, commits shocking acts of violence to instill fear, including machete attacks, executions, gang rape, human trafficking, and more. In their motto, the animals of MS-13 make clear their goal is to “kill, rape, control.” The gang has more than 10,000 members in the United States spreading violence and suffering.
Recent investigations have revealed MS-13 gang leaders based in El Salvador have been sending representatives into the United States illegally to connect the leaders with local gang members. These foreign-based gang leaders direct local members to become even more violent in an effort to control more territory.
President Trump’s entire Administration is working tirelessly to bring these violent animals to justice.
MS-13 IS A THREAT TO AMERICAN COMMUNITIES: President Donald J. Trump is committed to protecting communities from the violent animals of MS-13.
- MS-13 is a transnational gang that has committed horrendous acts of violence in communities across America.
- The gang’s motto is “mata, viola, controla,” which means “kill, rape, control.”
- There are more than 10,000 MS-13 members in the United States and more than 30,000 members worldwide.
- MS-13 is active in at least 40 States and the District of Columbia.
- Local MS-13 leaders often communicate and take orders from gang leaders in El Salvador.
- President Trump is meeting with law enforcement, local leaders, and victims of MS-13 violence on Long Island, New York.
- Communities on Long Island have been strongly impacted by the violence and suffering spread by MS-13.
- Police suspect MS-13 was involved in at least 25 killings on Long Island between 2016 and 2018.
- MS-13 is the largest and most violent gang on Long Island, with an estimated 2,000 MS-13 members in the area.
STRONG ACTION AGAINST MS-13: President Trump’s Administration is committed to combating MS-13 on all possible fronts.
- President Trump’s Administration is fighting back against MS-13, by taking a wide range of actions against the gang.
- ICE Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) arrested 796 MS-13 members and associates in fiscal year (FY) 2017, an 83 percent increase from FY 2016.
- In 2017, the Department of Justice worked with partners in Central America to secure criminal charges against more than 4,000 MS-13 members.
- U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested 228 illegal aliens affiliated with MS-13 in FY 2017.
ELIMINATE LOOPHOLES HINDERING EFFORTS TO COMBAT MS-13: The current immigration system contains loopholes and barriers that hinder efforts to fully confront MS-13.
- Certain loopholes in our immigration system are holding back efforts to fully confront MS-13.
- Transnational gangs, such as MS-13, take advantage of our porous borders and seek to use our current immigration system to their advantage.
- Federal immigration officials are not able to quickly remove alien gang members based on their membership in a gang.
- MS-13 has sought to use the influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) entering the United States for recruitment.
- According to Congressional testimony by the U.S. Border Patrol Acting Chief in June 2017, MS-13 took advantage of recent large-scale flows of foreign nationals into the United States by hiding among these populations to enter our country.