Alpen Optics in the Pink
First Optics Company to partner with the NATIONAL BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION
Alpen Optics – -(AmmoLand.com)- Introduces its new Alpen Pink 263P 8x 25 compact and Alpen Pink 393P 10×42 full-size binocular. Alpen has partnered up with the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) and a portion of the profit of each binocular sold will go the NBCF to help focus on the cure for breast cancer.
“Pink is the color most associated with breast-cancer research,” says Vickie Gardner, vice president of Alpen Optics. “Our new line of Alpen Pink is more than just a pink binocular. With more than 40,000 Americans dying each year of breast cancer (400,000 worldwide), Alpen Optics has created its Pink binoculars to help focus on a cure, while delivering the best binocular for the best price in the marketplace.”
You'll find the Alpen Pink 263P 8×25 binocular, expected to be available in April, 2009, very affordable at about $60. Features include:
- Compact body design for ease of use and transport.
- 8x magnification to bring objects up close.
- Wide 430-foot field of view for panoramic viewing.
- Multi-coated BAK4 optics to provide crisp and bright images.
- Ergonomic rubber coverings for holding comfort.
- Carrying case, neck strap and lens-cleaning cloth.
- Alpen's lifetime warranty.
The Alpen Pink 393P 10×42 binocular costs $200, and is available now. Features include:
- 10x magnification that brings objects up close.
- 42mm objective lens with fully multi-coated, phase coated, BAK4 optical design to provide a super-sharp and bright image.
- Fully rubber armored for holding comfort and shock resistance.
- Long eye relief eye piece design with twist-up eye cups for eye glass wearers.
- O-ring sealed to provide fully waterproof and fogproof performance in any weather condition.
- Soft rubber eyepiece rainguard, rubber objective lens covers, carrying case and wide neck strap as standard accessories.
- Alpen's lifetime warranty.
The green version of this binocular -model 390- won the ‘Great Buy' award as seen in the 2008 Outdoor Life magazine gear test issue.
“The Alpen family was touched by breast cancer when our 27-year-old niece lost her battle with breast cancer 9-years ago, and Alpen Pro Staffer, Sheri Runge, mother of two, won her battle with breast cancer this year,” explains Gardner. “We'd like to do all we can to help the NBCF focus on the cure with the introduction of our Alpen Pink binoculars. We'll sell the Alpen Pink to hunters, fishermen, back yard birders, attendees at sports events and to anyone who wants to join our efforts to focus on a cure.”
By purchasing Alpen Pink, you'll not only demonstrate you've chosen the very best for your dollars spent, but you'll also take a firm stand against the disease that's causing havoc in so many American families today.
According to Gardner, “We, at Alpen, are taking a stand with the NBCF by focusing on the cure with our pink binoculars. Alpen encourages you to think pink when picking out binoculars this season. We also hope to inspire more companies in our industry to become involved in focusing on the cure for breast cancer.”
For more information about Alpen Pink binoculars, visit www.alpenoutdoor.com or www.alpenoptics.com, or call 877-987-8370.