2nd Amendment Update: What now with Holder et al.?
Thank you once again for your great assistance in pledging in our very timely Second Amendment Book Bomb!
On February 2nd, the U.S. Senate foolishly confirmed gun-control advocate Eric Holder for Attorney General, despite the testimony of our Research Fellow Stephen P. Halbrook before the Senate Judiciary Committee. As you know, Dr. Halbrook is author of our book, The Founders’ Second Amendment: Origins of the Right to Bear Arms, as well as the recent article, “Don't Confirm Holder.”
What should we expect now regarding the Second Amendment? Here is a sampling of the ominous views in the Barack Obama White House:
- Lou Dobbs featured a special segment on CNN discussing the disturbing prospect of Holder being confirmed.
- MSNBC ran a segment on Obama's lying about his past record in which he supported a total ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of all handguns.
- Obama has called for a new “Civilian National Security Force” similar in scale to the existing military:
- “We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we have set. We've got to have a Civilian National Security Force that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”
- Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel spoke earlier as congressman in favor of the Brady Gun Ban and prohibition of gun ownership for anyone listed on the federal government's “No Fly List,” which now includes more than one million Americans and is increasing at a rate of 20,000 per month.
- Radical animal rights advocate Cass Sunstein, Obama's Regulatory Czar, opposes natural rights for humans, seeks to re-write the Bill of Rights, wants to ban hunting and eating meat, and argues for bringing lawsuits on behalf of animals. Here are Sunstein quotes:
- “We ought to ban hunting, I suggest, if there isn’t a purpose other than sport and fun. That should be against the law. It’s time now.”
“[I am in favor of] eliminating current practices such as greyhound racing, cosmetic testing, and meat eating.”
“[A]nimals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives, to prevent violations of current law. . . . Any animals that are entitled to bring suit would be represented by (human) counsel, who would owe guardian like obligations and make decisions, subject to those obligations, on their clients’ behalf.”
In conjunction with our growing Second Amendment Book Bomb, we are continuing to report on such new developments pertaining to the Second Amendment and other constitutional rights. As a result, I have taken the liberty of adding you to receive our free, weekly, email newsletter, The Lighthouse, which reports each Monday on key economic, legal, social and other issues, including the right to bear arms. (If you would wish not to receive such updates, please just let me know.)
With your help so far, the Second Amendment Book Bomb has received 2,538 pledges toward our goal to make The Founders’ Second Amendment the #1 bestseller in order to educate millions of Americans this year and send an unmistakable message that tampering with Second Amendment rights with not be condoned. Your further help in encouraging others you know to pledge now will greatly assist us in doing so.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you again for your wonderful support for the Second Amendment!
The post 2nd Amendment Update: What now with Holder et al.? appeared first on AmmoLand.com.